Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

City
Encino
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Civic SI Sedan
Yesterday I purchased a 1 owner lease return 2022 SI with 31,970 miles from a local Acura dealership.
Car is in immaculate condition with no mods.
Exactly what I need/want, a white sedan with a trunk and manual gearbox.
This will be my daily driver.

My 2015 Ford Focus SE 1L 3cyl Turbo 6sp with 101,000 miles which was my daily driver for 5 yrs, is throwing a couple emissions codes, burning oil, and went into limp mode a couple of weeks ago.

I do not plan to do any mods to upgrade the performance.
I look forward to learning more about the car, so that I can get the best economy possible, as I enjoy the luxuries it has that my Focus did not have.

Would there be any MPG improvement for the following:
Replacing the stock air filter element with a lifetime K&N filter element?
Increasing the air pressure in the tires from the 32/33 shown in the Owner's Manual?

Owner's Manual states 91 octane is required for all manual transmission models.
I can certainly understand this for the Type R, what about the SI?

And if any of you are wondering why did I get an SI if all I care about is economy...
I spent a couple of days searching all over the Nation on the internet, a white sedan with a trunk and manual gearbox, and found only a handful.
Most were the Sport model and a couple of EX, but they were all a generation or more older than the current generation, the lowest 35,000+ miles, and the rest more miles up to 109,000 miles.
So finding this SI near me was a blessing for sure.

Thank you for your help.

Civic Type R Posts